We are so excited to offer our community of tenacious hummingbird warriors their very own. month!
This April, in partnership with The Siegel Rare Neuroimmune Association (SRNA), The Sumaira Foundation, The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation and MyMyelitis, The MOG Project will celebrate the first-ever MOG Awareness Month, meant to bring awareness to and encourage people to get tested for MOG-AD.
MOG Awareness Month Events
A brand new MOGCast!
Join us on Wednesday, April 13th, 2022 at 10AM AEDT (That’s April 12th at 7PM EDT for those in the eastern US) for another in our MOGCast series!
This MOGCast, stars the Australian Dream Team from our Medical Advisory Board, Dr. Darshi Ramanathan, Dr. Russel Dale and Dr. Fabienne Brilot-Turville. Co-moderated by our own Australian Ambassador, Jenny Khazen and Executive Director Julia Lefelar, we take a deep dive into MOG-AD Diagnosis, Management and Outcomes using the insight of these dedicated researchers.
Special Support Group Guest Appearance by Dr. May Han!
Dr. May Han will be coming to a special “MOG Sloggers, FInding our Way Together” Support Group on Saturday, April 23rd at 10am PST. All are welcome to join. You must register for this private event, so visit our Support Group page here.
Coming soon to our YouTube Channel so stay tuned!
Social Media Activities and Ways to Spread Awareness
Do you follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter? We have several things you can do to spread awareness:
- Join our Rock Your Shades Challenge and show your support for MOG-AD by posting a picture of you in your most awesome shades. Find more details on our “Rock your Shades” Event Page.
2. Add our MOG Awareness Frame to your profile picture! You can add it yourself using your own photo editing tool or send us your picture to email@example.com and we will do it for you! Get the frame image here!.
3. Put up flyers around your local coffee shop, hospital, doctors office, gym or anywhere where flyers are permitted to spread awareness to your community!
4. Check out our community pictures on Instagram and Facebook and see how members of our community live their lives the best way they can despite a rare disease diagnosis of MOG-AD! We will post one every day and add them to this page below for all to see starting April 2nd!
5. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for posts of our great resources, stories and more from our partners. We’ve got a FULL MONTH OF MOG!
Lighting up Niagra Falls!
On behalf of the Niagara Falls Illumination Board, we are honored to be accepted as an organization represented by a special color illumination on April 30, 2022, to recognize MOG Awareness Month!
The Falls will be illuminated Teal, Red, Red and Teal at 10:00p.m. for a 15 minute duration. Please note that all Illumination times are approximate and subject to change according to light conditions.
Here is a live cam link where you can watch the illumination event: https://www.earthcam.com/canada/niagarafalls/?cam=niagarafalls_str
Please share, so that families and friends can see the Falls illuminated while staying safe at home!